2019: Looking Backwards and Forwards
Welcome back to your favorite art podcast! It's a new year and we are taking this opportunity to look back on what a great year 2019 was and look to the future of Not Real Art and the creative community.
Man One remembers some of his inspiring trips from last year and just how amazing Tokyo and Hong Kong were before we get deep on Art Basel and its highs and lows.
From the unbelievable opening of the Museum of Graffiti to bananas taped to walls, we cover it all and there are no real surprises as to what we liked and did not. 2019 was a year of great progress for Not Real Art and our associates and events and we are so grateful for the opportunity to continue this in 2020!
We finish off the episode meditating on the importance of family and health, things we can all do well to remember. For this and more, stay tuned.
Key Points From This Episode:
• Looking back on 2019, awards, travel and the achievements for Not Real Art!
• Man One's best trips of last year and the inspiration he is carrying forward.
• The amazing Art Basel event; special exhibits and the Museum of Graffiti!
• The spirit of the Bronx and how Martha Cooper captured its intensity.
• Sourdough's experiences at a rave in Little Haiti next to a Burning Man car.
• The Taped Banana at Art Basel and how many people take the bate on this kind of art.
• The year in review; a very productive period on so many levels for both of us!
• Getting the kids out of the house — a blessing and a curse.
• The miracle and mystery of oat milk and how it is saving Man One's life.
• Man One's daughter's obsession with tattoos and body piercings.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Man One — http://www.manone.com/
Man One on Twitter — https://twitter.com/ManOneArt
Scott “Sourdough” Power — https://www.instagram.com/sourdoughpower/
Not Real Art Conference — https://www.notrealartconference.com/
Not Real Art on Instagram — https://www.instagram.com/notrealartofficial/
Art Basel — https://www.artbasel.com/
Bugatti — https://www.bugatti.com/
Museum of Graffiti — https://museumofgraffiti.com/
KRS One — https://www.krs-one.com/
Comedian Taped Banana — https://news.artnet.com/art-world/maurizio-cattelan-banana-explained-1732773
Maurizio Cattelan — https://www.perrotin.com/artists/Maurizio_Cattelan/2
Martha Cooper — https://www.huckmag.com/art-and-culture/photography-2/martha-cooper/Burning Man — https://burningman.org/
Bill Kieffer — http://www.edentattoo.com/bill-kieffer.html
Ironman — https://www.ironman.com/