2018 Art Basel Miami Recap
Welcome back to the Not Real Art Podcast for this special holiday episode! Today on the show we start off with a little recap of what we’ve been up to lately, our recent projects, and new endeavors that we’ve taken on. We then jump into discussing Man One’s new breakthroughs in the Latino Artist space, the crazy culture of the non-stop life in Miami, missed flights, and the experience of staying in Little Havana. The conversation takes us through our time at Art Basel in Miami exploring the culture, attending some interesting events, and learning what it takes to be relevant in this day and age. We end it off by analyzing the impact social media has truly had on the authenticity of mainstream events, and how product marketing has shifted with the change in technology. Finally, we share some wild ride stories that will give you a good laugh and an overview of what our Miami experience was all about. For all this and more, stay tuned to today’s episode.
Key Points From This Episode:
• An update of our recent and new projects.
• Criteria for doing pro bono work as an artist.
• How Man One landed an interview on Telemundo.
• The fast-paced life in Miami.
• How Sourdough ended up missing his flight.
• Little Havana adventures, a broken phone, and a forgotten wallet.
• The evidently thick culture of Miami.
• Staying relevant; is it worth it?
• Seeing a mother twerking on her child.
• How social media has influenced sacred cultural moments.
• All the stories of trying to find an Uber.
• Another crazy phone story; why don’t iPhones have chains?
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Man One — http://www.manone.com/
Scott “Sourdough” Power — https://www.instagram.com/sourdoughpower/
Not Real Art Conference — https://www.notrealartconference.com/
Yo Gotti — https://twitter.com/yogotti
A-Boogie Wit Da Hoodie — https://www.instagram.com/artisthbtl/
Art Basel — https://www.artbasel.com/miami-beach