Heidi Johnson of HiJinx PR Co-Hosts Not Real Art Podcast
On the show today we are welcoming Heidi Johnson of Hijinx Arts. Man One is unfortunately missing in action today but never fear, we still have a great, free-wheeling show for all of you dedicated listeners out there! First off we chat about the upcoming DesignerCon, which we are super excited about and hear from Heidi about how she is involved and what to expect. From there we look at some of the other conventions Heidi helps organize and she also gives us some great stories from a recent trip to Chicago for an event remembering the history of the Black Panthers. The episode then takes a decidedly political turn and we dig into the recent mass shooting in Thousand Oaks, the LA fires and the spectrum of political views as they are spread across the country. We finish thinking about ways in which the US might be able to overcome the huge divides that we currently see between the left and right, Trump supporters and critics and ultimately find a way towards a more functioning and empathetic society. Heavy stuff! Stay tuned for all of that and more!
Key Points From This Episode:
• The upcoming DesignerCon for 2019 at Anaheim.
• Some of the events, panels and screenings that will be at the conference this year.
• The intersection of virtual reality and fine art.
• Some of the other events and areas in which Heidi is involved.
• The LA Art Show and what Heidi is organizing this year.
• The Black Panther event that Heidi was involved in in Chicago.
• Racism and the reality of what the elections showed us.
• Media bubbles and the difference between coastal and middle America.
• Thinking back on memories of Chicago and LA before climate change.
• The latest mass shooting in Thousand Oaks.
• USA’s current political climate, the media and the conservative backlash.
• Political art and depictions of Trump.
• Liberal and democratic apathy and being shocked into action.
• And much more!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Man One — http://www.manone.com/
Scott “Sourdough” Power — https://www.instagram.com/sourdoughpower/
Hijinx — https://www.hijinxarts.com/
Hijinx o Twitter — https://twitter.com/hijinxpr?lang=en
Heidi Johnson on Linkedin — https://www.linkedin.com/in/heidi-johnson-3a38679
Designer Con — https://www.designercon.com/
Comic-Con — https://www.comic-con.org/
Titmouse — https://titmouse.net/
Nancy Baker Cahill — https://nancybakercahill.com/
Nancy Baker Cahill TedTalk — https://nancybakercahill.com/ted-x-talk-september-22-2018
Pro 176 — https://www.artsy.net/artist/pro-176
The LA Art Show — https://www.laartshow.com/
Art Basel — https://www.artbasel.com/
The Price of Everything — http://www.thepriceofeverything.com/
Scooter Braun — http://scooterbraun.com/
Election Night SNL Skit — https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHG0ezLiVGc
Brett Kavanaugh — https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/brett-kavanaugh