Putting the Pieces Together with Dessy Di Lauro + Ric’key Pageot of Parlor Social
On today’s show we are very happy to host Dessy DiLauro and Ric’key from Parlor Social! The band has been slowly building a reputation and following that is not be messed with and their solo ventures and session and touring work for big names such as Madonna and Cirque Du Soleil have enabled both of our guests to carve out full time creative careers in their area of passion. We discuss the benefits of sticking your neck out, The Secret and the power of visualization. We also talk about about constantly preparing and practicing for steps in the path towards success. As world creators, who use music and the power of song in many different settings, Dessy and Ric’key are great examples of taking particular artistic gifts and finding ways to live the life of your dreams. The conversation covers the serendipitous and magical connections they have made with huge names in the business, from Herbie Hancock and Benjamin Wright to Stevie Wonder and Madonna. We also talk about meditation, influence from their parents and investing in yourself and future. For this inspiring and beautifully truthful story, be sure not to miss this one!
The dynamic husband and wife duo Dessy + Ric’key of Parlor Social
Key Points From This Episode:
• What the band has been up to and the different venues they have been frequenting.
• How Herbie and Jessica Hancock came to a show of Ric’key’s.
• Linking up with Benjamin Wright and Stevie through serendipity.
• The power of visualization in realizing your dreams and choosing your reality.
• How Ric’key started working with Madonna.
• A very exciting announcement from our guests about this fall!
• Following your own sound and ideas; there is a hungry audience out there.
• Why Dessy decided not to get a day job in the interim to make ends meet.
• A dream that both of our guests had, that changed everything.
• The helpful role of meditation in managing depression and stress.
• Ric’key’s journey with the Fender Rhodes piano and how it led to meeting Dessy.
• The song that Dessy wrote for her mother that Ric’key helped her finish.
• Musical legacy and the parental influence on both of our guests.
• How Dessy went from Montreal hip hop to working with Cirque Du Soleil.
• Investing in yourself, funding your career and getting ready for success.
• Our guests’ experience at the recent Not Real Art Conference!
• How Los Angeles has changed over the last couple of decades.
• Dessy’s upcoming night in Montreal that has just been confirmed.
• And much more!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Parlor Social — https://www.parlorsocial.com/
Dessy Dilauro — https://twitter.com/dessydilauro
Ric’key Pageot — https://twitter.com/RickeyPageot
George Lopez — https://georgelopez.com/
Herbie Hancock — https://www.herbiehancock.com/
Madonna — https://www.madonna.com/
Playboy Jazz Fest — https://www.hollywoodbowl.com/playboy-jazz-festival-2019/
Hollywood Bowl — https://www.hollywoodbowl.com/
Benjamin Wright — https://www.mrbenjaminwright.com/
Stevie Wonder — http://www.steviewonder.net/
The Secret — https://www.thesecret.tv/
Cirque Du Soleil — https://www.cirquedusoleil.com/
Justin Timberlake — https://justintimberlake.com/
Stanley Clarke — https://stanleyclarke.com/
Man One — http://www.manone.com/
Man One on Twitter — https://twitter.com/ManOneArt
Scott “Sourdough” Power — https://www.instagram.com/sourdoughpower/
Not Real Art Conference — https://www.notrealartconference.com/
Not Real Art on Instagram — https://www.instagram.com/notrealartofficial/
Dessy + Ric’key